Software Release 19/12/2022
Bookeasy deployed the below changes into the live production system overnight. Should you require further information in regards to any of the below features, please reach out to our friendly Bookeasy Support team who will be more than happy to help.
Improvements & Bug Fixes:
Guest Console Self Service Enhancements
Enhancements have been made to the Guest Console that introduce the final steps in self service cancellation functionality.
Pending a number of business rules that need to be met for each booking, guests are now able to do the following:
- Advanced booking modifications, including change of date, which alter the cost of the booking
- A new modification email has been created for destination partners, with its purpose to advise centres when a guest submits a self-service modification via the Guest Console so they can process any applicable refunds (whether that be manually or by reviewing and submitting the bulk refund queue item).
- The "Booking Centre Fee" and "Operator Fee" payment types will automatically drop into the itinerary, avoiding the need for booking centre staff to manually check. These may be reversed as required
Modifying bookings via the Guest Console
When can a guest automatically modify a booking?
- The booking must have a configured modification policy saved on it from the centre and/or operator.
- The booking cannot be part of a package or promotion
- If the cancellation policy does not have a "no modifications allowed" rule
- If modification fees apply, the total modification policy fees payable need to be less than the amount paid and allocated to the booking
- The booking cannot be a child/parent booking that was created based on a booking question add-on product
- The date and time the guest is modifying the booking needs to be:
- before the accommodation booking's arrival date and check-in time
- before a tour, event or car hire booking's start date and time
The guest will also be advised of any applicable administration (centre) or operator fees before proceeding.
- If the value of the edited booking is greater than the original booking cost, the guest will be required to pay the difference via a gateway payment.
- If the value of the edited booking is less than the original booking cost, the refund will need to be administered by a booking centre staff member, via the Refund Queue.
When does a "request only" modification apply?
If the above criteria are not met, a guest will have the "request only" modification request functionality as long as the date and time the guest is modifying the booking before an accommodation booking's departure date, or not after a tour, event or car hire booking's start date and time
When can't a guest modify a booking, or submit a modification request?
Below are some example conditions that will prevent a guest from submitting a modification or modification request:
- If the date and time the guest is modifying the booking:
- Is on or after an accommodation booking's departure date
- Is after a tour, event or car hire booking's start date and time
- If the tour product does not allow date and/or price change modifications
- If the booking has already been selected for cancellation in the Guest Console
- If the booking has already been selected for modification in the Guest Console
- If the booking has been submitted to a bulk refund queue
What happens when a booking modification is processed by a guest for a booking you manage?
- If you use Bookeasy's Bulk Refunds functionality:
- The booking will be immediately modified in order to free up the availability of the original date(s)
- The operator will receive their standard booking cancellation/modification email notification
- You will receive a new "Action Required - Self Service Guest Modification" email notification advising you of the booking that has been modified.
- The booking will be submitted as a bulk refund queue item with all applicable booking centre fees, operator fees and guest refunds applied per the configured modification policies stored on the booking. The booking will also be flagged accordingly in the reservation search and itinerary screen per current functionality for when a booking is in the refund queue
- As a result, booking centre staff will need to then review and process the bulk refund queue item, in order to automatically record and process the applicable guest refund.
- If you DO NOT use Bookeasy's Bulk Refunds functionality:
- The booking will NOT be adjusted automatically
- You will receive a new "Action Required - Self Service Guest Modification" email notification advising you of the booking that needs to be modified.
- As a result, booking centre staff will need to manually process any applicable booking centre fees, operator fees or guest refunds, per the modification policy stored on the booking (unless alternative arrangements are made).
Cancellation Emails not being sent to operators [#19171]
Resolved an issue where the operators were not receiving automated emails when a guest processed a self-service cancellation.
Tour Operator Self-Service Guest Modification Overrides
A tour/event operator is now able to limit the degree to which a guest can perform a self-service modification online. This is edited at the inventory level.
Follow up Description when Flagging a booking [#19004/5]
Booking Centre staff are now able to add follow up notes when flagging a booking
Expose FollowUpDate and FollowUpDescription to Report Builder [#19017]
FollowUpDate and FollowUpDescription fields have now been added to the Report Builder database
NZ Bank Files updated [#19056]
.afi bank files for NZ booking centres have been updated as per bank requirements