Software Release 15/09/2021
Bookeasy deployed the below changes into the live production system overnight. Should you require further information in regards to any of the below features, please reach out to our friendly Bookeasy Support team who will be more than happy to help.
Improvements & Bug Fixes:
New Console User Permissions
There are many situations where you might need to restrict users from accessing certain areas of your console. As a result, new functionality has been developed and deployed in this release, providing you the ability to apply permissions levels to the users accounts that have login access to your console.
How Does It Work?
In short, each user account can be assigned one or multiple "Roles" within your console, with each Role designed to provide access to specific areas of your console.
Out of the box, your console includes a number of predefined Roles you can use. These are:
- Manage Reservations
- Manage Product
You can also create your own Custom Roles in order to customise access within your console.
A new "Users" left menu item has also been introduced, streamlining where you can create new user accounts, view existing user accounts, and where you can also view and create custom roles for your users.
- User Management: here you can view and manage existing user accounts. The screens for each user account have also been upgraded, allowing you to apply one or multiple Roles to a specific user.
- User Permissions: this is a new screen that will display the various console Permission Items currently deployed, each predefined Role that can be assigned to your console's user accounts, and which Permission Item each role provides access to. This is also the screen where you can create your own Custom Roles and enable the Permission Items your Custom Role will have access to.
- Add a New User: a shortcut that will allow those with access the ability to create a new console user login.
- Applying Roles to your console user accounts is optional for you and your organisation.
- User accounts that do not have a permission Role applied will gain full access to your console.
- At launch, none of the user accounts in your console will have any permission Roles applied. It is therefore recommended that a designated administrator apply the appropriate Role/s to each user account in order to determine which areas of your console each user can access.
- You cannot edit the permission items for any of your console's default roles. If you need to fine tune access for user accounts, create a Custom Role (or roles), enable the required permission items for your custom role, and apply it to the required user accounts.
- You cannot delete a Custom Role if it is currently assigned to an active or archived user account. If you've created a Custom Role and need to delete it, unassign the Custom Role from all users first.
Promotions Travel Date Validation [#16903]
An amendment has been made to the recently enhanced "Travel Date Range" configuration option for Promotions. Accommodation bookings will now be required to depart on or before the travel End Date specified in order be eligible for a promotion's discount.
Booking Questions displayed when editing bookings [#16695]
Resolved an issue that was preventing Booking Questions from correctly displaying when editing a booking. Unanswered, conditional questions will also no longer display on customer itineraries or when editing a reservation.
Report Builder Location Enhancements [#16510]
Enhancements have been made to the Report Builder tool for reports that return assigned locations to an operator, in order to ensure the expected result is returned, as opposed to "all" locations.
Itinerary Vouchers [#16680]
Itinerary Vouchers will now display an accommodation operator's address on the voucher.
Overpayment Prevention [#16699]
Additional server-side validation has been introduced to check and prevent overpayments before processing payments for an itinerary. For example, the additions will prevent overpayments if an individual has multiple payment windows open, finalises payment in one window, and then attempts to finalise payment in the additional window currently open.
Units Tab [#16792]
Resolved an issue that prevented an accommodation operator's "Units" tab from displaying for a selected product. This occurred if a user was logged into the accommodation operator's console via the Centre (Staff) Console.
Unexpected Error Confirming Activity Bookings [#16848]
Fixed a bug that would cause an unexpected error if an activity booking's booking status was changed from Reserved to Confirmed, if the booking had no expiry date applied.
Fully Paid Promotion Bookings [#16785]
Resolved an issue that could prevent fully paid promotion bookings from being automatically "closed".