Software Release 25/11/2019
Bookeasy successfully released the below changes into the live production system overnight. Should you require further information in regards to any of the below features, please reach out to our friendly Bookeasy Support team who will be more than happy to help.
TOUR & ACTIVITIES SEARCH
Thanks to our amazing destination partners and their feedback on the recently released Tour and Activities booking process, we’ve made and released the following enhancements:
- We’ve introduced a new "Expand All / Collapse All" function to the Staff Console’s Activities Search screen and operator profile pages. This means you’ll be able to expand or collapse the availability preview of the products displayed at the push of a button.
- The rate/ticket types presented will now display in alphabetical order to make it easier for you to find and select ticket quantities.
- We now display the "For Booking Centre Staff Only" text when viewing each product so that you never miss this important information supplied by your operators.
- Enhancements have been made to the "Search for operator or products" text search on the Activities Search screen. Prior to the change it functioned just like the old tour search screen where it would display results based on the keywords you entered, even if you had selected a specific operator or product from the keyword results. Now if you select an operator or product from the keyword results, the search results you see will only display that specific operator or product.
STAFF CONSOLE RESERVATION KEYWORD SEARCH [#14083]
For searching reservations, we've introduced the ability for users to conduct a partial keyword search to help find your bookings. Here are the rules:
- Keyword searches are required to be a minimum of 3 characters
- Your keyword search will search from the beginning of the guest's first name or surname (i.e. if the name is "Forrest", you’ll get no result if you search "rest", but you will get a result if you search "for" or "forr")
- Keyword searches will continue to also search in combination with the other filters you may be using
- We changed the logic so that if your keyword search term returns no results, we actually won’t return any results (before it would return results based on the search parameters being used minus the keyword search…this seemed a bit silly)
CUSTOM REDIRECT URL FOR FAILED GADGET PAYMENTS [#14070]
failedBookingRedirectURL "Booking Gadget" parameter has been introduced to the beGadgets. This new parameter provides an option to specify a custom URL for customers to be directed to, in the event their booking's payment fails.
As a result you can navigate customers to a dedicated landing page that provides the specific content you wish to convey, in the event their payment fails.
24 HOUR REQUEST BASED GUEST EMAILS [#13304]
A minor update to the guest confirmation email template for non-confirmed bookings has removed the copy that ask's the customer if they want to pay for their booking (since the booking is not confirmed, there's nothing to pay yet!).
CUSTOM SMTP EMAIL SETTINGS [#14066]
Bookeasy, Room and Tour Manager can now implement custom SMTP email settings for any client who would prefer to use their own email servers to send operator and customer email notifications.
The main benefit to customers is that it will largely assist in reducing the potential for emails to be received as SPAM by their operators and customers.
Customers who would like to take advantage of this new feature can contact Bookeasy, Room or Tour Manager support.
FAREHARBOR PARTNER CONNECTION [#13936]
Bookeasy now includes the customer phone number when sending bookings data to FareHarbor tour and activity suppliers via our API connection, and our API data now properly separates the customer's first and last name. It means that this data will drop into each FareHarbor supplier's system more efficiently.
Package Gadget Bookings That Include Rezdy Products [#14074]
Resolved an issue that prevented packages from being booked online via the beGadgets if the package included product from our partner connection with Rezdy.
Disabled Rate Types Displaying on Operator Booking Engines (OBE's) [#13837]
Resolved an issue that was causing disabled PAX/Rate Types displaying on OBE's.
Gadget Region Search Cookies [#13937]
Resolved an issue with the
ignoreSearchCookie: true region beGadget parameter. The bug would cause the region gadget to "remember" previously selected region/location settings, so that landing pages that were setup to display a specific region/location would not default to the specific region/location set (and would instead display the previously selected options).
Gadget Product Descriptions & Hyperlinks [#14004]
Resolved a bug that would truncate product descriptions on the beGadget if the description included an embedded hyperlink. Descriptions will now display in full with hyperlink URL's properly stripped from being displayed (this is done as part of beGadget security).
Accommodation Type Searches [#14015]
Resolved a database issue that was playing tricks with the Staff Console accommodation search results in the event that a specific accommodation type (or types) were selected.