At the end of July 2018, new requirements for Google Maps API keys were made. These keys are what allow you to display Google Maps in your Bookeasy console, Operator Booking Engines and Affiliate Booking Engines. Previously, we were able to utilise one key across all of our consoles, however this new change will mean we now need an individual key for each client.
Google's new changes now assign various pricing depending on your usage of the maps. This means the more users that view your maps, the more you'll need to pay. You can view the new pricing here, as well as find more information on the new changes.
What do I need to do?
To generate your new API key please follow the steps below:
1. Go to: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/
2. Click 'Get Started'
3. Follow the prompts and tick 'Maps' only
4. Input your billing method, and receive your new key
To add the key to your console:
1. Login to your Bookeasy staff console
2. Navigate to Administration > Website Administration
3. Enter your key within the Google Maps API Key field and save.
Once this is done, your OBE and ABE links will now display maps,
Note 1: Your Bookeasy console maps may not display correctly as of yet. Bookeasy is working on a fix for this. This won't affect maps on websites.
Note 2: If you don't generate a Google Maps API key, your Google Maps may not appear in your Bookeasy consoles, Operator Bookings Engines and Affiliate Booking Engines.