Territory Tourism Voucher Campaign
The Northern Territory Government has announced another two rounds of the Territory Tourism vouchers delivering up to 81,000 vouchers in total. Round 1, launched on 1 July 2020, Round 2, will launch on 1 November 2020 and Round 3, will launch on 1 February 2021.
The Voucher provides an incentive to support our struggling tourism industry and to experience the great Territory lifestyle by encouraging Territorians to purchase bookable tourism products. Bookings can be made online, over the phone or in person through a local visitor information centre in Darwin, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs.
The Territory Tourism Voucher is supported by a marketing campaign ‘Never have I ever…’, which asks Territorians to think about tourism experiences they hear and see tourists doing day in and day out but have never got around to experiencing themselves. This stimulus for locals to experience the Territory’s tourism products is an incentive to spend money with operators to allow to sustain your business until borders re-open and interstate tourists can visit.
How can I add or remove an Operator to the Promotion?
- Login to your staff console
- Search for 'Promotions' in the left-side menu
- Search for the Promo Name - ie Territory Tourism Voucher
- Navigate to the Operator section to add or remove Operators to the Promotion.
Please click here to check if their channel manager is compatible with Bookeasy. If the channel manager is compatible then follow this link for a step-by-step on how the Operator can proceed with the mapping - Accommodation using a Channel Manager.
Each voucher will be capped at $200 per $400 spent. Example scenarios:
- If the customer purchase is under $400, you’ll save 50% off the total booking cost by redeeming one voucher.
- If the customer purchase is $400 or over, you’ll save the maximum $200 off the total booking cost by redeeming one voucher.
- If the customer purchase is over $400, you can increase the maximum discount by redeeming more vouchers. With 3 vouchers you can save up to $600, as long as this doesn’t exceed 50% of the total booking cost.
The voucher is not working.
There are a few possible reasons for this:
1. The voucher has expired, is void or invalid
Ask the customer to check the Voucher number provided. Has it been entered correctly? Is it still valid and ensure it has been entered correctly. If yes, refer to the Territory Tourism Voucher FAQs here.
2. The voucher is valid but it's not working for a specific Operator
If a specific Operator is not linked to the Promotion the voucher will not work. Go ahead and link the Operator with the steps provided above.
If a customer requests a booking amendment the following process is recommended:
- Reservation Search > Input itinerary number > View itinerary
- View the operators cancellation policy to confirm if an amendment is possible
- If the customer requests a date change
- Check availability for the Operator and product booked
- If the date change is able to proceed > Edit the booking
- Change the date > Click save
- If the operator cannot accommodate the date change
- The booking centre should search for a suitable alternative and proceed as per normal with a booking edit.
- If the customer requests a date change
If the operator advised they cannot accept the booking the following process is recommended:
No, the same voucher can still apply in the itinerary. VIC staff need to cancel the original booking, then proceed with a new booking and add to the same itinerary so the voucher can still apply.
Yes, this feature is now available. Please note: this should only be used in very specific cases.
1. If a specific product or availability is not showing correctly or,
2. If you encounter an issue with a partner connected Operator.
Can I create a package for this campaign?
Yes, you can create packages. Click here to access the help guide. A few tips:
- Create a package with a minimum $400 value to maximise the voucher usage
- Ensure the operators are linked to the Promotion
- You can choose specific product (s) for each operator
There is no change to the Operator Return process. We recommend considering running these more frequently if you are processing large volumes of bookings.
Discount Voucher needs to be reconciled in the same way as other payment methods. If this is not done then the payment record will be excluded from the Operator Returns process.
Any updates to content inside Bookeasy can take up to 24hrs to reflect on websites.
Operators can have up to 4 locations set and this needs to be activated by the Operator mothership. If your VIC is not the Operator mothership, you will need to liaise with the mothership directly to ask for a location change.
Ensure Operator categories are set correctly inside Bookeasy so they appear in the correct areas/categories on your website.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Bookeasy Support team:
Phone: 07 5668 2542